There's a common misconception that Life Coaches are for people who suck at life. Let me tell you, sucking at life isn't possible...we're all doing the best we can, right?
Wherever you are right now is exactly where you need to be. You need to experience the rain to see the rainbow but at some point you need to start moving yourself to better weather. So, at the risk of confusing the metaphor, here are 5 signs you could benefit from working with a Life Coach.
1. YOU MAKE THE SAME NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS EVERY YEAR, OR YOU’VE GIVEN UP ON MAKING THEM AT ALL It’s coming to the end of the year and you’re doing a mini ‘year in review’. There are things you want to change in your life and you’re counting the days and hours until NYE when you can wipe the slate clean and start again.
No point starting now, you know, ‘silly season’ and all of that. Next year is FINALLY going to be your year, you’re finally going to quit that job, lose that weight, get a new career, be more patient, eat salads…what you want for yourself is endless. The only problem is, you’ve made the same resolutions for so many years now that you're okay with the idea you'll probably fail again.
2. YOU’VE FAILED, TRIED AGAIN, FAILED AND YOU’RE NOT CONVINCED YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO GET WHAT YOU WANT. You’ve been on the merry go round of diets, you’ve tried the meditation, the yoga, the super foods, the gym, the diet shakes *shudder*. You’ve come to the conclusion that it’s you, you’re the problem…it’s hopeless.
3. EVERYONE’S GIVING YOU ADVICE BUT YOU’RE STILL STRUGGLING TO MOVE FORWARD
Our friends and family (mostly) have our best intentions at heart and they’ve been giving you all sorts of varied advice…still, you can’t move forward. They’re good ideas and you nod along in agreement but when it comes to the crunch you’re still stuck and you don’t know why.
4. ONE AREA OF YOUR LIFE SEEMS TO BE AFFECTING EVERYTHING ELSE. Everything is great except for one thing. You may have struggled with this area for a while and you just can’t seem to get over it. If you had this one thing sorted you’d be fine!
5. YOU FEEL LIKE YOU’RE EXISTING, NOT LIVING
You wait for relief from your life. You live for the weekends, you live for the kids going back to school, you live for that glass of wine at the end of the day, that square of chocolate…that one thing that’s going to make everything else okay.
If this resonates with you it could be time to think about your options for working with someone who will be your biggest cheerleader and yet will hold you accountable for the goals you set for yourself.
If you're interested in finding out more about the coaching process or what it's like to work with a Life Coach then get in touch through this site or by emailing me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Until then, pull your shoulders back, put a smile on your face and plunge into life with force.